Monday, April 18, 2005

Why is this woman smiling?

Brand new HP Pavilion:

200 GB hard drive
1 GB DDR2/SDRAM
Pent4
17" Flatscreen LCD monitor
WinXP Professional
Free scanner
Enough bells and whistles to choke an Oliphaunt.

On my desk and working. I am in Virtual Valinor.

Elrond spent the last three weeks forlorn and dejected since being taken down by an Orc arrow; he will now be cannibalized to further my friend's gaming obssession. Good thing I had my daughter's laptop as a backup. But what to call this one? Gandalf was the one I had before the late, great Elrond (how the mighty Elf-Lord has fallen!) This one is definitely a Valar. I'm going out on a limb here and naming him Manwë. After all, he is the greatest one I've ever known.

Now I need to figure out why all my PCs are male, while all my cars are female.

0 comments: