Tuesday, October 31, 2006

End of an era


One of my favorite bloggers, Doug TenNapel, is tossing it down the chute. Today he's on Part 5 of his auf wiedersehen (hmmmm, and Barbra Streisand's on her 5th farewell tour--coincidence? You decide) and I'm feeling downright bummed. I'll miss the lift from his slap-'em-silly approach to life and all its weirdness. I'll miss the unhinged comments from his detractors. I'll miss the little fishy swimming back and forth. Yes, he could be abrasive. Yes, the scatological references sometimes made my eyes roll. No, I didn't always agree with everything he said. However, he sure showed that conservatives don't all wear black suits on Fox News. And he was downright fun to read. (If there were a liberal blogger half as entertaining, I'd add him to my list, too. Trouble is, most liberals have no sense of humor, except for Stephen King.)

God be w'ye, Doug. At least I still have your archives and your three wackadoodle paintings at Rollick's. (The toaster one is my fave.) Have fun storming the castle and replenishing the Earth.

0 comments: