Monday, January 01, 2007

An oddity and an about-face


Consider first that insidious corrupter of American values, that master stroke of propaganda which oozed itself into our modern psyches and seduced us, like so many frogs in so many warming pots, into accepting godless anticapitalism into our midst: It's a Wonderful Life.

No, really. The FBI said so.

Who knew Frank Capra was really a Communist sympathizer? Well, wasn't there a comical character from Minsk in You Can't Take It with You? And didn't said character wrestle a wealthy financier to the ground? Need we more proof of Capra's real agenda?

Eejits. Some 90-lb. white-shirted wonkocrat in a cheerless cubicle decided he'd defend his manhood by declaring George Bailey a subversive and Potter the exemplar of the American way. Evidence? George remained a common, "little" hero; while the successful bankgrubber was the undisputed villain. Connect the dots! Capra said that good=less money and bad=more money! Anti-American, anticapitalist, Marxist bum!

Never mind that one of the main supporting characters was the very wealthy founder of a plastics factory, who generously gave to help his friends the Baileys in time of need.

Somehow, Mr. Wonko missed that. Apparently, even someone as unbalanced and wild-eyed as J. Edgar Hoover couldn't bring himself to follow up on something so absurd.

Candidate for Top 5 Dumbest Accusations in History.

(Cue segue music)

I skate dangerously close to the icebergs of political comment here, something I declared I'd eschew. But can the zebra change her stripes, or the leopard her Blogspots?. That's why I'm starting afresh in 2007 by moving Spindlings (Spindle Sisters news) over to our MySpace page blog, and returning here to my most ardent cultural and other rantings. I will post much more frequently on both blogs--especially now that on Dec. 30 I amassed over 5 million points and level 35 on Bookworm and am totally done with that game, knowing I will never get there again.

If you love me but can't stand my stances (you and I know who you are), I'll not be upset if you choose not to read this blog again. Just head on over to the Spindles blog and we'll keep it light. I'll alert here when I've posted something new over there, in case anyone's interested. Meanwhile, the fire within forbids my silence.

So beware, Republicans. Shudder, Democrats. Avast ye, moonbats and wingnuts alike! She's on the loose again, and none can escape the wrath of Scothia the Warrior Queene, Keeper of the Flame of Eyriedom, Equal Opportunity Offender!

Oh yeah, and I'll say nice stuff about people sometimes, too.

A blessed New Year to one and all...except those who hate freedom, light, and truth.

0 comments: