Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, BBB


No, that's not the Better Business Bureau. It's my friend Patty somewhere in the heartland, to whom I affectionately refer as Bread Basket Brat. We met each other on Thanksgiving weekend, 1998--two Christians in an AOL pagan chat room trying to demonstrate the love of Christ to some very confused young people. We started IM-ing and emailing back and forth--we belonged to a virtual pen pal group long before the days of blogs and social networking sites--and then exchanged real, 3-D letters and phone calls. BBB and her hubby visited us here in California while on their 15th anniversary trip. While Irish and I have yet to make it to the land of the billowing wheat fields for a return engagement, I still hope to someday. She, admittedly, has been much better at communication than I. Now that we're both blogging, I feel like I can "reach out and touch" my friend any time. I love visiting her little Net nook and reading the parts of her revealed there.

So Patty, for all the times I thought of writing you but didn't (yet we still stayed friends, thanks to your persistence) here's a sincere prayer for the warmest and most blessed of Thanksgiving Days for you and all your tribe. I'll think of you when I don't undercook the turkey this time. Thanks for being there and loving your WCW* anyway.


*West Coast Wacko, in case anyone else is reading this.

0 comments: