Thursday, November 13, 2008

Only when I shouldn't



The life and times of an insomniac: I can sleep anytime I ought not; particularly during an important meeting, at the supermarket, at church, or 1 p.m. almost every day. Along about 9 p.m. I get a second wind that's more like a nor'easter. I could easily sit up till 4 in the morning or so and blog, write emails and letters to the editor, leave pithy comments on message boards, or play StumbleUpon. Unfortunately, there's the nagging fact that most life takes place during the time when Big Yellow lights up the sky. Being the building manager, I have to be up and available. So I must take the little girl within by the scruff o' the neck and drag her off to bed, just when she wants to have fun. But no, Sharon, you can't start a movie at 10:42; and you can't have another cookie; and you can't start another art project. Stop. Put down the crayons, turn off the computer, and off to bed with you. Now!

1 comments:

Patty said...

Pithy comments??? You???