Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Perchance to...?

It must come with this stage of life: lately one of my favorite activities is sleeping. Not sleeping when normal folks do, oh no! My best sleep comes between 7 a.m. and 9 or even 10 a.m. I realize that most normal folks (like Irish) are up being actually productive during those hours; indeed, many have no other choice. I'm grateful that my situation allows for such idiosyncrasy. But since sleep has become a big part of my life (When can I? How long can I?) I also pay attention to patterns in my dreams as well.

Before you think I'm going off on some silly rant about God speaks to me in dreams--those who know me well are familiar with my hesitation, even loathing to do any such thing. Instead, my silly rant is about changes I've noticed in particular recurring dreams I've had. Self analysis is so much fun, and ever so much cheaper! If you're still with me and are not averse to knowing more about Sharon than you ever thought possible, read on.

Recurring dream 1:
Mouth full of glue; I'm forced to continually pull long strands out that stretch like rubber bands
Self interpretation: Need to get up & drink water!
Solution: Remind myself in dream what it means. Stop pulling the strands. Get up and get water.

Recurring dream 2: The hidden room/--sometimes the rooms are junky and sometimes they're delightfully artistic
S.I.: Places I keep all to myself and won't let anyone into.
Solution: Open the doors more. Let people know me better. Shoot, let myself know me better.

Recurring dream 3: In a private moment, people are crowding into the room and refuse to leave
S.I.: These are the characters I haven't written that are sick of me keeping them down. They demand to be seen and heard!
Solution:So start writing again already, blockhead.

Sogni d'oro, everybody.

7 comments:

Patty said...

My grandma liked to sleep a lot, too.

Sharon said...

Yeah, and I'll bet you're closer to her age now.

Patty said...

Well sure, each day I'm one day older, but I'm still OVER TEN YEARS behind you.

Sharon said...

Which proves I'm not old enough to be your grandma, or even your mama.

Patty said...

Right, you're not. When did I ever say that? You're like the big sis I never had, and can tease mercilessly.

Sharon said...

And you're the darling little brat-sister I can heave it right back to. :-D

Patty said...

Aw, thanks!